Friday, April 27, 2012

Tool #8: Taking a Look at the Tools

Here are a few ideas and thoughts that I had as I learned about the "tools."
1. The step by step introduction to the Dell 2120 was useful. It was very thorough.I did not know that you could change the display and writing colors. This was new learning! I could see this as being useful for presentations. I like that it is easily connected to a projector. This makes my job doing staff development much easier!
2. I learned about many new learning apps that I was unaware of before! Kathy Schrock's website was very informative. I would like to visit her site again, and use some of the information in our staff developments.
Management:
In order to manage these new tools, it would be important to model, model, model! Model the preparation for using them, the use of the devices, and the cleaning up or putting away of the devices. Make rules with the class  for management. I think it's important for students to know that the tools are "tools for learning, not toys."

No comments:

Post a Comment